Tuesday, March 20, 2012

And I get fooled...

So Pims is not ready to have her kids yet! She was showing every sign...pawing, loose ligaments between her hip bones and her pin bones, hollowed out sides, mucous discharge, the rounded rump that means the kids are pushing up into the birth canal...not to mention pacing, groaning, laying down and getting up. I felt sure about ten times that "this was it". Then she would get up, stretch, walk over to the hay feeder and go back to life as usual...as if nothing happened. I realised that she is just very uncomfortable. She's ready to go. She would love to have these kids but the message to go into labor is given by the kids brains, not the dams. I can actually relate! I have seven children of my own and I can totally relate to being ready to have my pregnancy be over. She will have them when they are ready. Not a minute sooner. Poor little Pims keeps going into false labor and is just plain uncomfortable. In the mean time, I will keep checking on her through the night because the one thing I did learn from my many births...they will come. Ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment