Friday, July 6, 2012

Presenting : Queso Blanco

The babies are weaned and now comes the fun part....what to do with just under 12 lbs a day worth of goat's milk.  Of course it's time to make cheese!  I will be marketing the cheese through the St. J Coop (I will add other places you can get it as they are added to my list). 

Right now you can get a sampler pack...three cheeses in two ounce tubs.  They are:

Queso Blanco with Basil and Garlic : this is a lovely cheese with even buttery undertones that carry the pesto taste uniformly throughout the cheese.  Great on crackers or I love to throw it into my eggs (Yum!).

Queso Blanco : This is a very mild versatile cheese which can be grated and used any place that calls for a mild cheese such as on pizza or salads. 

Yogurt Spread : This is a tangy cheese like Cream cheese...great on bagels or crackers.  It also is great as a dip for veggies (it's a little thick for chips)

Yogurt Spread with Dill and Garlic : One of my favorite combinations...goes great on crackers or bagels.  I like it on sandwiches as an alternative to mayo.

All cheeses are made by hand one at a time and without rennet!

No comments:

Post a Comment